“Epiphany was responsible for teaching me how to learn. Epiphany teachers are the ones I remember, the ones who changed my life.” —Alumnus
Epiphany School offers an exceptional academic program in a caring environment that nurtures a love of learning, while growing courageous, curious, and confident students. Epiphany students are challenged and engaged by a comprehensive curriculum that includes numerous opportunities to learn and practice leadership skills and live out our values of respect, resourcefulness, and responsibility. Located in the Madrona neighborhood, Epiphany School serves students Pre-K through Fifth Grade and is known for its welcoming and involved community of talented faculty, staff, and families.
We currently have limited spaces available in the 2019-20 school year for highly qualified students in grades 3 through 5. Please reach out to learn more!
I look forward to meeting you soon.
Director of Enrollment Management and Admission
Once you have created an account in Ravenna, you can select “explore” or “apply” to register for a Parent Group Tour (required for all applicants). These comprehensive tours are led by our Director of Enrollment Management and Admission, with assistance from Fifth Grade students and current parents. You will tour the classrooms, see students in action, meet school leadership, and have a chance to ask all your questions. Tours are held frequently between October and January.
The application process consists of the following elements:
- Create an account in Ravenna Hub, search for Epiphany School, and click “Apply.”
- Fill out the core application and submit along with the application fee (you can request a fee waiver by contacting email@example.com).
- Register for a parent group tour of the school (adults only, babies welcome).
- Select a parent/guardian interview time and student assessment visit.
- Submit supplemental materials (parent/guardian questionnaire, teacher evaluation/s)—note these are common forms shared among multiple schools; you only need to request them once and they will be electronically submitted to the schools that you have applied to through Ravenna.
- OPTIONAL: Attend Open House on November 21. Register through Ravenna or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Electronic decision letters go out on March 20; responses are due March 27.
13: Eastside Independent School Fair, 2-4 pm,
Mercer Island Community Center
14: Seattle Independent School Fair, 6-8 pm, Northgate
16: Independent School Fair for People of Color, 6-8 pm, New Holly Gathering Hall
23: Epiphany School Group Tour. 9-10:30 am. Register through
24: Epiphany School Group Tour. 9-10:30 am. Register through Ravenna
5: Epiphany School Group Tour. 9-10:30 am. Register through Ravenna
6: Epiphany School Group Tour. 9-10:30 am. Register through Ravenna
14: Epiphany School Group Tour. 9-10:30 am. Register through Ravenna
15: Epiphany School Group Tour. 9-10:30 am. Register through Ravenna
19: Epiphany School Group Tour. 9-10:30 am. Register through Ravenna
20: Sibling Application Deadline
2: Epiphany School Group Tour. 9-10:30 am. Register through Ravenna
6: Early Application Deadline
7: Sibling Assessment, 8:30-10 am
10: Epiphany School Group Tour. 9-10:30 am. Register through Ravenna
17: Epiphany School Group Tour. 9-10:30 am. Register through Ravenna
18: Epiphany School Group Tour. 9-10:30 am. Register through Ravenna
20: Sibling Decisions Released
- How much is tuition?
- When is the application deadline?
- When should I start the application process?
- What is the class size?
- What is the student to faculty ratio?
- Is there an age requirement for Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten?
- What is your sibling policy?
- Does Epiphany School have a wait list?
- Where do Epiphany School families live?
- How can parents get involved in the life of the school?
- Where do students go after graduation?
- Does the school offer Financial Aid?
- How many students are enrolled at Epiphany School?
- What is the relationship between Epiphany School and Epiphany Church next door?
- What does it mean to be accredited by NWAIS?
Pre-Kindergarten through Fifth Grade tuition is $26,705 for the 2019-2020 school year. Epiphany School is committed to making financial assistance available to families for whom the cost of tuition would be a barrier to attendance. Learn more about financial aid here.
Each grade level has two classes. Each of our two Pre-K classrooms typically has a range of 16-18 students, with a lead teacher and instructional assistant in each classroom and a third assistant providing additional support across both classrooms. Each of our two Kindergarten classrooms typically has a range of 18-20 students, with a lead teacher and instructional assistant in each classroom.
Epiphany School supports its family community with a dedicated sibling policy. Siblings of students currently enrolled at Epiphany School are given preference for admission consideration. Sibling applicants must adhere to the school’s age requirements as well as demonstrate academic and emotional readiness for admission.
Epiphany School has a long history of parent involvement. All families automatically become members of the Epiphany Parent Council (EPC) and are expected and encouraged to participate in a variety of ways. There are myriad opportunities to get involved, from reading in the classroom, to chaperoning a fieldtrip, to co-chairing our auction.
Most Epiphany School graduates attend independent middle schools in the region. Our graduates receive multiple options of top-choice, best-fit schools. Some students choose to attend their local public school. Schools our students typically matriculate to include: Seattle Academy of Arts and Science (SAAS), The Bush School, Lakeside School, The Northwest School, University Prep, Forest Ridge of the Sacred Heart, Lake Washington Girls Middle School, Seattle Girls School, and Eastside Preparatory School, Billings, and Overlake.
The school and the church are unaffiliated, but enjoy a strong neighborly relationship. Epiphany School was started by the church 60 years ago and became independent shortly thereafter. The church graciously provides space for our school performances, special meetings, and Fifth Grade graduation. Epiphany School has no religious affiliations and welcomes students ad families of all races, religions, and national or ethnic origins. Learn more about our history and