Welcome to Epiphany School’s School/Home Learning Program! This approach begins a new adventure for all of us, and we will depend on feedback from staff, students and families to help our program grow and improve over time. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have questions through contacting:
Teacher office hours are Monday-Friday 9-10 am and 2-3 pm. During office hours, teachers will be at their computers ready to respond in real time. Any other emails will be replied to on that same day or within 24 hours.
For technical issues, you may contact Director of Technology Nick Clements. If you need additional technology resources at home, please fill out this form and a member of the school administration will be in touch.
New teacher content will be posted on the grade level page at 7 pm the night before, and the previous day’s lesson will be archived on the grade level page to allow full access for families. Students may then revisit content as needed.
Every grade level will have approximately four hours of instructional tasks per day. Grade level teachers will provide 2.5 hours of lessons. There will also be 1.5 hours of specialist content, including a variety of physical activities to excite your children and keep them moving. We know that a learning-ready brain is directly correlated to an active body. We encourage your child to enjoy the beginning of spring by getting outside for fun and games in between academic tasks.
What you will find each day this week on the Grade-Level Page:
- Daily Checklist Posted
- Daily Lessons in Core Subjects and Specialist Rotation Lessons
- Daily Real-Time Morning Meeting for Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
- Song of the Day and Daily Mindful Moment
- Learning Skills One on One Sessions
- Archived Lessons
- Weekly Schedule of Specialist Rotations
- Attendance-Taking Feature
Additional possible Grade-Level offerings:
- Scheduled Small Group Support/Enrichment Sessions
- Live Story Time in Real-Time
- Student Drop-In Sessions for Learning Support
In addition, on the counselor page families will find a variety of resources for adults and children. You may also email Sara Tebeau directly from this location. Please keep in mind that this resource is a work in process. Take time to check back regularly for updates.
If you need to contact a specialist directly, you can find all their emails here.
- Follow the links to visit your child’s grade level page. Consider bookmarking this page, as you will visit it every day.
- Confirm your child’s attendance for the day by completing the box at the top of the page. This should be done by 9:00 a.m. each day.
- If your child is sick and will not be participating in school/home learning that day, please email your classroom teacher and firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know. You do not need to sign into attendance that day. When your child is ready to return, the teacher will work with you to ensure they are able to rejoin the class with ease.
- Read the message from the grade level teachers and watch the video or the slideshow they have shared.
- Read the message from that day’s specialists and watch the video they have shared.
- Plan your instructional day. Which tasks will you do first? How much time will you work before taking a body break?
- Listen to the song of the day.
- Practice a mindful moment.
- Complete lesson activities in the manner that works most comfortably for you and your family.
Epiphany School School/Home Learning Goals:
- Provide personal connection to Epiphany School community for both students, families, and staff.
- Create engaging and fun learning experiences.
- Allow flexibility of learning opportunities to create balance of learningfor individual family structures.
- Create avenues for differentiation of content in both support and extension.
- Ensure appropriate levels of training and professional development for staff.
Troubleshooting and Questions
Questions and needs about daily assignments and activities should be sent to your teachers. However, you may have other needs or questions beyond daily classroom life. The Division Heads will also be holding “Office Hours” every day to be available for your needs. Here are the details: Paige (email@example.com) and Celia (firstname.lastname@example.org) will hold Office Hours daily from 8:00-10:00 and 3:00-4:00.
Division Heads will track daily student attendance and will reach out to families that have not signed in to see if there is additional support needed to access school/home learning.
Division Heads can assist you with accessibility issues, attendance, queries about the overall school/home learning program, and general wonders or insights.
Director of Technology Nick Clements (email@example.com) will also be regularly available to help troubleshoot technical problems encountered with any part of our delivery of this content. Nick will hold Office Hours daily from 8:00-10:00 and 3:00-4:00.
Head of School Jenn Elkin (firstname.lastname@example.org) is available as well to respond to your questions.