Fall 2020 Reopening plan
Welcome to Epiphany School's Fall 2020 Reopening Plan. Our priority, as always, is the health and safety of our community. Below are some of the key health and safety measures we are implementing, based on CDC and Washington Department of Health (DOH) guidelines. We realize we are in a changing environment with new information being released regularly by CDC and DOH. Therefore, we will be continually reviewing our protocols and updating this web page as needed.
The policies and procedures listed below are in addition to or in some cases supersede some or all of certain sections of the 2020-2021 Family Handbook. Please let us know if you have any questions or clarifications.
Operational decisions about Epiphany School's program, calendar, and campus plan are typically made by the Head of School with input from our Leadership Team, faculty, and staff. Given the scale, quality, and quantity of decisions in the leadup to Fall 2020, we are grateful to have had considerable additional input from key groups, including the board of trustees, the Epiphany School Pandemic Advisory Team (made up of experts in the fields of law, technology, medicine, public health, and epidemiological research), and research, guidelines, and guidance from Public Health - Seattle & King County; the Washington State Department of Health; the U.S. Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC); the Washington Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI); the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS); and Northwest Association of Independent Schools (NWAIS).
The Leadership Team, faculty and staff, and the Board of Trustees continue to be guided by the school's vision, mission, and values. As we prepare for the reopening of school, we carry forward the following working principles:
- Ensuring a safe and healthy learning environment for all students and staff by reopening for on-campus instruction for all students, every day, if allowed under WA state law and by meeting or exceeding all WA state health, safety, and facility guidelines
- Belief that our full educational program is best offered in person, with our hallmark focus on developing strong relationships with students to challenge and support them toward high academic achievement, strong social-emotional growth, and community connection
- Providing both on-campus and virtual instructional models throughout the school year to provide flexibility for families and ease of transition to a fully virtual model if necessary.
- Arrival and Dismissal
- Health Screening & COVID-19 Screening Flowchart
- Managing Illness and Exposure
- Face Coverings
- Hand Hygiene
- Physical Distancing
- Lunch, Snack, and Water Bottles
- Student Personal Items and Storage
- Cleaning and Disinfecting
- Visitor Policy
- Employee Common Areas & Shared Space
Jenn ElkinRead More about October 16, 2020: COVID-19 Health & Safety Updates and Reminders From the Head of School
Ron Koo, current parent & member of the Board of Trustees and Pandemic Advisory TeamRead More about September 28, 2020: A Message from Epiphany School's Pandemic Advisory Team
Jenn ElkinRead More about August 21, 2020: Phase-In Details, Important Documents, and New Hires